GENERAL RULES AND POLICIES FOR SECRET GENIUS STUDIO SESSIONS
Booking a Studio Session
1. You must complete an application to be considered for studio time at any of our Secret Genius Studios.
2. You will have the opportunity to select an available date and time for your studio session when you apply. Booking requests may not be made more than 60 days in advance. All recording studio sessions are subject to availability.
3. If your application is accepted, you will receive a confirmation email with the studio address and arrival instructions. If you don’t receive anything, you are not confirmed.
4. Please be aware of your scheduled session hours and factor in break-down time is a part of the session. You may not overstay your scheduled time.
5. You will not be charged for studio time or use of the assigned engineer, but please note you will be responsible for any fees
charged by the studio for additional equipment or instrument rental other than what’s already in the room.
6. The studio reserves the right to cancel a booking without warning.
7. Only the individual confirmed may use the room. Studio time is non-transferable.
8. You must present a valid ID when you arrive at the studio and the studio reservation must be in the name of the ID holder.
General Studio Policies
1. No smoking is allowed at any time in the studios or in control rooms.
2. No weapons, alcohol or illegal substances allowed.
3. Runners will not be provided for sessions.
4. Studio nor Spotify are responsible for session files. It is the client’s responsibility to bring a hard drive for session files and bounces of songs.
5. Under no circumstances may there be more than five people at one time in a session.
6. Any damage caused to studio equipment due to misuse or abuse will be charged to the artist/ band/individual. Refusal to pay for
breakages may lead to prosecution. If an item of equipment is damaged or missing at the start of your session please report it to the session engineer or studio staff immediately.
7. The speaker system is to be used at responsible levels and while the engineer will monitor their use, damage resulting from misuse by guests is the responsibility of the client to repair. All equipment will be checked in at the beginning and end of each session.
8. Please make sure that you do not leave personal items unattended and ensure that you take all of your belongings with you when you
leave. Studios are not responsible for any personal items that are lost or damaged on the premises.
9. Session durations will be limited to the hours set on the application form.
10. At the end of a recording session, return the studio to its original condition, disconnecting all microphones and extra patch
bay cables, turning down all faders, turning off all phantom power on preamps, and properly wrapping and storing cables.
11. Guests/Clients should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors while in the parking lot or common areas.
Additional terms and conditions may apply. Rules vary by studio. For additional information, visit the Secret Genius website.